How to Make an Antifungal Foot Soak for Treatment of Foot Fungus
This antifungal foot soak treatment helps to get rid of any type of foot fungus. This includes the more common athletes foot, which can be a serious problem for diabetics. This foot fungus treatment can also be used to help prevent any type of foot fungus from returning. I suggest using daily to treat a current foot fungus, and twice per week for general foot care.
Things You’ll Need:
- 2 Tablespoons of Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Baking Soda
- 3 Drops of Tea Tree Oil
- 3 Drops of Cypress Oil
- 3 Drops of Geranium Oil
- Fill a small foot bath or tub with warm water. Fill it so that it goes up to around the ankle.
- Pour in the sea salt and baking soda, and stir the mixture together with a wooden spoon, or your foot.
- Once the sea salt and baking soda are fully dissolved, drop in the tea tree oil, cypress oil and geranium oil. Use your foot to stir the oils throughout the water.
- Let your feet soak for around 20 minutes.
- Do not rinse the mixture off of the feet, but thoroughly dry the feet with a soft towel or cloth. Be sure not to leave the feet damp, and also be sure to dry between the toes.
If you use the foot soak for three weeks and still aren’t seeing results, call our office at 859-264-1411 or make an online appointment.