Pain on the outside of the foot, near the littlest piggy, is somewhat common and can be caused by several different conditions.
- Stress fracture – If there’s a stress fracture on the fifth metatarsal, which is the long bone that runs into your little toe, a cast may be necessary to help it heal.
- Twisted ankle – A serious ankle twist or sprain can actually damage the fifth metatarsal.
- Arthritis — There are several places in the foot where arthritis might attack.
- Peroneal tendinitis – This is an inflammation of one or both of the peroneal tendons, which run from the calf into the foot. Symptoms include pain or swelling in the ankle and outside of the foot.
- Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction – Also a condition that affects the tendons, PTTD can lead to flat feet if not treated.
We’ll examine your feet, discuss your symptoms and history, possibly take an X-ray, and get you on the path to recovery.
If you are experiencing foot pain, call our office or make an online appointment
Accepted Insurance Providers
There may be providers, plans and coverage not included on this list. We will help you with navigating the options for coverage and costs. We also accept HSA, Flex accounts, Care Credit and prompt pay pricing for treatment at the clinic and surgical procedures. We do not accept Medicaid or CareSource plans at this time. Visit our New Patient page for more details.